- This event has passed.
PHECC FAR 3 DAY COURSE
Safety Training: Fire Warden / Fire Safety AED
The Fire Warden Training Course provides participants with a comprehensive knowledge of their duties and actions to be followed during a fire. As an important component of the training a practical demonstration regarding escape routes and identification of hazards is also included.Participants will also gain valuable experience.
The course takes approximately 3½ hours to complete.
There is a legal requirement on employers to prepare an Emergency Plan that outlines how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak. Fire Wardens are designated the responsibility of executing this plan in an emergency situation. The Fire Warden course aims to inform Fire Wardens of their responsibilities in running a fire drill effectively and safely. It also details the steps involved in developing an emergency Plan for the workplace, in the event that one does not currently exist.
Our team at Premier First Aid are experienced Instructors who deliver this course making it realistic and memorable for the participants. This course can be delivered ‘on site’, anywhere in Ireland and the course is tailored to ensure the content is relevant for the participants and their work environment.
The course enables staff with an enhanced fire safety role to meet the training requirements detailed in the current workplace fire safety legislation. In particular, they will learn how to:
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace.
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process.
- Understand how fires can occur and how fire and smoke can spread.
- Identify the correct type of fire equipment for the class of fire.
- Identify if your premises are equipped with appropriate fire alarms, detectors, emergency lighting and fire fighting equipment.
- Ensure fire equipment is inspected and maintained as frequently as necessary.
- Advise staff on measures to reduce the risk of fire occurring, and on action to take in the event of an emergency.